Everything You Need to Know About Planning an Indian Wedding in Greece
The Best Time of Year for an Indian Wedding in Greece
Choosing a Greek Island for Indian weddings – Which One to Pick?
One of the most important decisions you will make when planning your destination wedding is choosing a Greek island. If you have never been to Greece, it can be difficult to know where exactly to find a good place for such an event. Luckily, here are some tips on how to find the perfect place for your wedding in Greece.
The island you choose for your Indian destination wedding in Greece is a decision that wants to be well thought out. Consider many factors and it may take a little time to find the right island. These include things like cost, venue availability, and wedding planners in Greece. Below we present some of the best islands in Greece for Indian destination weddings.
The best destination for Indian weddings in Greece is Rhodes, Mykonos, Santorini, Corfu, and Crete as well as the Athens Riviera.
The Best Greek Islands for Indian Weddings
If you are looking for a venue for your wedding in Greece, it is best to find out what is on offer before making a decision. There are a variety of venues that are suitable for weddings of all sizes, but some venues are better than others.
- The Athens Riviera is one of the most popular places for weddings in Greece because it has a wide selection of hotels and resorts for weddings. It is also known for its extravagant resorts with pools, spa treatments, fine restaurants, and much more.
- Mykonos and Santorini are also very popular because they offer beautiful landscapes and outdoor facilities like beaches. Whether you are having your ceremony in one of the traditional temples on Paros or planning an epic Indian wedding on Mykonos, you will find the perfect location for a wedding in Greece .
- Rhodes, with its small streets full of cute boutiques and bars, is the perfect place for a wedding in Greece, as it is a mix of cosmopolitan and traditional!
- Crete is the largest island in Greece and offers wild and natural beauty with culture, traditions, and delicious cuisine. It has numerous fantastic wedding venues to offer.
- Corfu is famous for its majestic mansions that are a feast for the eyes. Imagine walking down the aisle in this wonderful place, we can hardly contain our excitement.
For more information about wedding venues in Greece click here.
Can you legally get married in Greece ? - Indian weddings
Both civil and religious ceremonies are legal in Greece. There are no residency or medical requirements. But, it is advisable to have a legal ceremony in your home country and then have a symbolic ceremony in Greece. This is because it can take months to clear the bureaucratic procedures in Greece. Foreigners who do not live in Greece can usually use the marriage certificate issued in their home country. So that it’s easy to obtain permission for a Greek wedding.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED ARE
- Certified copies of birth certificates.
- Divorce decree or death certificate, if applicable.
- No objection certificate in English and Greek stating that you are at least 18 years old and free to marry.
- Must publish a copy of a marriage announcement. One for the bride and one for the groom, at least eight days in advance in the Greek-language newspaper.
For civil marriages: submit copies of the above documents to the mayor of the municipality. Issuance of the License will take 8 days and valid for 6 months to get married anywhere in Greece.
Submit another application to the mayor of the municipality, after the issuance of the license. This official will then set the date for the ceremony.
In the case of religious marriages, the presiding church official applies for the license on your behalf with the documents mentioned above. After the marriage ceremony, you report to the municipal registrar’s office within 40 days of the ceremony. The issuance of the marriage certificate will take 3 days.
For more details check our blog on whether is it legal to get married in Greece, Click here.
Our service as your Indian wedding planner in Greece
As an Indian company, We are a great match for an Indian destination wedding. we provide services all over the world and have experience in working with people from different cultures. To ensure that it is everything you have ever imagined, we will work with you on every detail. Besides helping you plan a beautiful event while staying within your budget, Blissful Plans can streamline the process for you. We are also familiar with local vendors and venues in Greece as wedding planners. This allows us to find options that are within your budget, so you will not have to worry about overspending.
It is our pleasure to assist you with anything from a last-minute problem to all the small details that make your wedding day memorable. Contact us for more details.
Read more :